The BN 251 plays tribute to the same motorcycles customers have enjoyed in the past, by offering a lightweight sporty 250 cc naked motorcycle at exceptional value. Styled like its bigger siblings, it is the perfect entry level motorcycle, delivering excellent fuel economy, agile performance and easy to ride characteristics.
The seat height of 795 mm and 159 kg kerb weight ensure easy handling and manoeuvrability, and its 17 L fuel tank capacity means long distances are enjoyed between refuels.
Powering the BN 251 is a fuel injected liquid cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke DOHC engine, developing 25 hp (18.5 kW) at 9000 rpm and 21.5 Nm (2.2 kgm) @ 7500 rpm.
The over-engineered steel trestle styled frame incorporates the engine as a stressed member, further adding to the rigidity of the chassis. The suspension is also over-engineered with an upside-down 41 mm front fork giving 120 mm of travel and a centrally located shock absorber on the rear swing arm, to take care of irregular road surfaces whilst instilling confidence in its riders.
Braking is taken care of with Benelli’s own 280 mm front wave-petal disc matched with a 4-piston caliper and the rear is a 240 mm single wave-petal disc with a double piston caliper. 17” aluminium alloy rims finish off the sporty look and add to the impressive handling.
A range of accessories enable the BN 251 to be customised to its owner’s taste with items such as foldable clutch and brake levers, brake oil reservoir cap, and a variety of other CNC machined parts such as crash knobs, handlebar mounts and heel guards to further enhance the already sporty looks.
- ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Engine type Liquid cooled 4-stroke 4-valve DOHC single cylinder
- Capacity 250 cc
- Bore x Stroke 72 mm x 61.2 mm
- Power 18.5 kW (25 hp) @ 9000 rpm
- Torque 21.5 Nm @ 7000 rpm
- Compression ratio 11-21
- Clutch wet
- Gear Box 6 speed
- Fuel Injection Electronic Delphi MT05
- Ignition system
- Frame Steel trestle
- Front Suspension Benelli ø 41 mm upside down forks with 120 mm stroke
- Front Suspension adj. no
- Rear Suspension Benelli shock
- Rear Suspension adj. Rear swing arm with central rear shock absorber with extension hydraulic brake.
- Front Brake Single ø 280 mm disc
- Rear Brake Single ø 240 mm disc
- Front Tyre Metzeler Sportec 110/70-ZR17
- Rear Tyre Metzeler Sportec 150/60-ZR17
- Front Rim E 17”xMT3.5 DOT-D Aluminium alloy
- Rear Rim E 17”xMT4.0 DOT-D Aluminium alloy
- Overall Dimensions 2080 mm x 810 mm (excl. mirrors) x 1125 mm
- Seat Height 785 mm
- Wheelbase 1400 mm
- Wet Weight (all fluids except fuel) 159 kg
- Fuel Tank 17 L
- Available Colours Black, White and Red
- Warranty Two year warranty
- Roadside Assist *Not supplied for the BN 302 or BN 251
More news for the BN 251 is coming soon…